willow07

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wednesday, Feb. 22

I'm tired tonight. It's been a busy time at the stores. We're moving things from the one store to the other, and before anything can be moved, everything has to be moved.

It's a little frantic and nerves are getting frayed.

The "old store" is a traditional five and dime, I work there on Mondays and Thursdays. The "new store" is a scrapbooking store which started in the old store and ran out of room there, so another store was opened. I work there on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Most of the ladies who aork at the old store are older . . . and they're cackling like a bunch of hens with a coyote in the henhouse. They don't appreciate having everything moved around.

I'll have to admit I'm a bit perplexed about what my role at the old store is going to be, once the dust settles. Up until now, I've been in charge of the Dollar Aisle. Yep, I get to look through some pretty weird catalogs and choose some pretty interesting items "For Only a Buck!" One of the main cogs in the re-vamp is a move for the Frame Shop, which had been at the new store, to the old store, leaving room at the new store for a scrapbooking workroom, which we haven't had before. But where is the Frame Shop going? To where the Dollar Aisle used to be. So where is the Dollar Aisle going?

Anywhere and EVERYWHERE.

I'm tucking things into everyone's departments, crossing into territories that most people would be scared to enter. Armed with the knowledge that once I go home, I'm going to forget all about it, I'm steadfastedly ignoring the discomfort I'm causing the other hens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home